The course covers:
- A deepened knowledge of asana, including a new syllabus of intermediate and more advanced asana
- Pranayama practice and teaching techniques
- Practical application of yoga philosophy, scriptures and mantra
- Anatomy and Physiology
300 hour Intermediate Samadhi Yoga Teacher Training
We are delighted to announce the expansion of our highly regarded teacher-training programme in Samadhi, with Intermediate Samadhi Teacher Training. Having run five 200 or 250 hour foundation courses, we decided that it was time to offer a follow up course. This course is for established teachers, who want to deepen their knowledge, widen their understanding and broaden their teaching experience.
Firstly we will take familiar asanas and give them an upgrade, to fine tune teaching skills in beginners and intermediate poses. After all, these are the asanas which even the most advanced teachers teach mostly. We will then work into more advanced asanas, giving teaching skills which will empower trainees toward being the teacher they always aspired to be.
A good introductory teacher training course gives a grounding in the physical understanding of yoga, in the asanas and the anatomy. This advanced training will build on that base and draw out a flowering of yoga knowledge and experience.
What our course will give you:
- A deepening of yoga knowledge, a new layer of confidence in teaching skills at all levels, including Intermediate and more advanced yoga teaching.
- An understanding of creative sequencing of classes for all levels of students.
- Skilled communication methods and constructive analysis of teaching style.
- A good knowledge of the western anatomy, applied to yoga practice.
- A practical and experiential understanding of yoga philosophy. The subtle exercises of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika will be practiced. The themes in Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad-Gita, the Upanishads will be discussed and debated.
- A clear vision of subtle anatomy of yoga, such as the chakras, nadis and the energetic bodies.
- Practical experience of the kriyas, pranayama, meditation, and chanting will all form a continuing part of the course.
- Practical and business knowledge of being a yoga teacher, how to ethically and sustainably run retreats, courses, trainings etc.