Greg Walsh set up Samadhi in 2005, having run Prana Yoga Centre for 3 years. He is at heart a yoga practitioner, and has taught yoga all over Ireland, Europe and the USA. He loves providing space for good yoga.
I was introduced to yoga in my mid 20's whilst traveling in Nepal. I didn't think it would be for me, but in fact I really took to it straight away. I initially practiced Satyananda yoga, but on my return to Dublin I was introduced to Iyengar yoga. Its strong physical challenge, focus on strong body awareness and attention to detail appealed to me immediately. I had found my yoga style!
I was awarded my Introductory Iyengar Teacher Training Certificate in 2002 after 2 years of intensive teacher training. In April 2005 I was awarded my Intermediate Level 1 Iyengar Training Certificate, in May 2006 I received my Intermediate Level 2 and in March 2016 I received my Intermediate Level 3 Certificate. I have trained with many Senior Iyengar teachers, and continue to train; I am committed to ongoing studies for the foreseeable future.
For me, yoga goes beyond the physical practice. I see it as a tool for transformation: physical transformation, and also inner transformation. I attempt to bring to my yoga classes an awareness of the deeper reasons for practicing yoga, to overcome physical and mental blockages, and to become more alive, awake and aware in everything we do, in yoga practice and in life.
- 19 Years experience as a yoga instructor
- Certified Iyengar Junior Intermediate Level 3
- Yoga Alliance Professionals SYT (senior yoga teacher)
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 Certified
- Yoga Alliance YACEP (Yoga Alliance continuing education provider)
- Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- Formerly co-owned and co-managed Prana Yoga Centre 2002-2005
- Owner/Director of Samadhi
Contact Greg: email@example.com